Friday, November 18, 2011

Thankfulness part 2 & 3

So I missed this last weekend of Thankfulness.

Since I missed last weeks and it was Veterans day last friday I will start there.

I am thankful for our veterans, current active duty. They sacrifice so much. They sacrifice not only themselves, even with the possibility of being seriously injured or killed....but they also sacrifice their personal lives and family. All this because they believe in what America stands for, they want to fight and serve their country with honor. They do this with little pay and little thanks. I would like to believe that as U.S. citizens as a whole, we have become more thankful for the sacrifice of our military. But since I am to young to remember how its been for years...I just can not be sure. I am truly grateful for them all though. I have many family member, from my grandfathers on both sides, many uncles, my cousin....and to my brother. Can't leave out my many friends currently active duty, or who have just signed up to join different branches of our military. What an honor it is to know you all.

This was taken this past June, on my brothers return from Afghanistan.

My Brother Home! what else is there to say.

My Grandmother and Granddaddy on their 60th Anniversary.
Granddaddy was in the Navy during WWII. I love these two people dearly.

 My Uncle Richard. He holds a special place in my heart too. 
He does Calvary re-enactments too.

My Papaw with my brother Christmas 09. I love this picture.
Papaw was in the Army during WWII.
They don't look related do they? lol

Just a few pictures of family members that have been in the military.


I am very thankful for my doctors and caring medical staff. They take such good care of me and treat me like a friend instead of words on paper. Mostly I am thankful for good medical coverage too. Without it I'd be scared of where I would be.
Here is a picture of a sweet lady and a great nurse I have in the hospital. Now you other nurses reading this don't be jealous, I just don't have your picture. lol


I am thankful for my friends. Two in particular I would like to talk about right now. Sun and Fred. Sun and I have been friends for over 10 years now. I started dating her best friend all those years ago, and she became my best friend. It has been a wild and crazy 10 years I'll say that. Man, a lot has gone on. We have both grown in so many ways. It's kinda neat to look back on. She has been through a lot in that time. She may not see it, but she has grown in her walk with God through it all. She has met a wonderful person, her husband Fred...who is perfect for her. It had been my prayer she find someone to love her like she needs...and he is that for her....and her for him. God's perfect match. His family has become hers. There is nothing I am more thankful for that she has them. Though there are events that have happened and are currently happening that is extremely difficult for them...they are still strong in their faith and for each other.  Even if Sun doesn't feel like she has any strength left at times, somehow God gives it to her. You my friend are a strong lady. It may never get easier, but God will bring you strength when you have none left. God will hold you when you think you can't stand any more.




1 comment:

  1. I love you Amanda. You are such a great friend. I admire your strength as well. Very few people could have the faith and positive outlook on life that you do given the physical drawbacks you have been dealt with.

    p.s. My walk with God was in a big part, spurred by you and Berrito. And then we met my uber awesome in-laws along the way during their walk. Now, we all walk together. :)

    ReplyDelete